You can apply for this permanent residency visa if you are the holder of a Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) Visa granted under the Investor Stream and have met all the requirements of your provisional visa.
State / Territory Nomination
To apply for this visa, you must first be nominated by a state or territory government, which will generally the state or territory government who nominated you for your provisional business visa.
There are separate eligibility criteria at the federal and state / territory level. We will outline the eligibility criteria for the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) and the criteria of the NSW State Government. We can advise you of the eligibility criteria of other states and territories should you be interested in migrating to a state or territory besides NSW.
Department of Immigration and Border Protection
The requirements under this stream are that you must have:
1. been in Australia and held your provisional visa for at least two of the four years immediately before you apply; and
2. maintained your 5 million investment in Australian State or Territory Bonds for at least four years.
The requirements for nomination by the NSW government are that:
1. you must demonstrate you meet the DIBP eligibility criteria;
2. the designated investment made by and held in the names of you (or you and your spouse together) have been continuously held for four years.;
3. you must have been resident in NSW for a total of at least two years in the last four years;
4. you must have a realistic and genuine commitment to continue to maintain a business or investment activity in NSW;
5. neither you nor your spouse have a history of involvement in business activities that are of a nature that is not generally acceptable in Australia.
If you wish to apply for this visa, please contact one of our experienced immigration lawyers.
These applications require a lot of information and documentation. We will ensure your application is structured in such a way that it is given the best prospects of success.
We offer all our prospective clients an initial meeting, during which we will thoroughly explain the law surrounding this visa to you and inform you of the process moving forward.
To organize a initial consultation with us, please contact one of our experienced immigration lawyers on (02) 9590 3987.