This is a permanent residency visa for internationally recognised persons who have distinguished themselves for exceptional and outstanding achievement in a profession, the arts, a sport, or research/academia.
To be granted this visa, you must:
1. be nominated by a nominator, being an Australian citizen/permanent resident, an eligible New Zealand citizen, or an Australian organisation, that has a national reputation in Australia in your field of expertise;
2. have a record of achievement in your field of expertise and these achievements must be internationally recognised. You need to demonstrate extraordinary and remarkable abilities, be superior to others in your field and have a record of sustained achievement that is unlikely to diminish in the future. Your achievements need to be acclaimed as exceptional in any country where the relevant field is practised. The field would also need to have recognition and acceptance in Australia;
3. still be prominent and internationally recognized in your field of expertise;
4. be able to obtain employment in Australia or become established independently in Australia in your field of expertise;
5. be considered a potential asset to the Australian community – your settlement in Australia must contribute economically, socially or culturally to the nation as a whole, and not just a segment of the community;
6. be able to financially support yourself and your accompanying family members if you come to Australia;
7. have functional English (e.g. IELTS score of 4.5 or more on all four test components), or pay a substantial extra government fee; and
8. meet health and character checks.
Where you can lodge the application
An application for a Distinguished Talent Visa can be lodged either inside or outside of Australia. If you lodge your application in Australia, you will be granted a Bridging Visa which will allow you to remain in Australia lawfully until your application is decided. If you lodge your application inside of Australia, you must be inside of Australia for the visa to be granted.
If you lodge your application outside of Australia, you must be outside of Australia for the visa to be granted.
Our experienced immigration lawyers have handled many applications for Distinguished Talent Visas. We will ensure your application is given the best prospects of success.
We offer all our prospective clients an initial meeting, during which we will thoroughly explain the law surrounding this visa to you and inform you of the process moving forward.
To organize a initial consultation with us, please contact one of our experienced immigration lawyers on (02) 9590 3987.