PH:(02) 9590 3987 | E:

Requests For Ministerial Intervention

If you have been refused a visa, or had a visa cancelled, by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP), and subsequently appealed the adverse decision to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT), whom also came to an adverse decision, you may want to consider lodging a Request for Ministerial Intervention with the Minister of Immigration and Border Protection (the Minister).

The Minister may consider letting you stay in Australia if certain unique or exceptional circumstances apply to you. Generally, the Minister will only consider one application for Ministerial Intervention from an applicant. It is therefore vital for an applicant to include all relevant evidence and submissions with their request.

It is strongly recommended that you obtain our advice and representation so we can maximise your chances of success with the Minister.

Please review the information on the appeals process on our webpage, then contact us to arrange an initial consultation so we can explain the process moving forward.