Ministerial Intervention

Ministerial Intervention

If you have been refused a visa, or had a visa cancelled, by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP), and subsequently appealed the adverse decision to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT), whom also came to an adverse decision, you may want to consider lodging a Request for Ministerial Intervention with the Minister of Immigration and Border Protection (the Minister).

The Minister may consider letting you stay in Australia if certain unique or exceptional circumstances apply to you. Generally, the Minister will only consider one application for Ministerial Intervention from an applicant. It is therefore vital for an applicant to include all relevant evidence and submissions with their request.

It is strongly recommended that you obtain our advice and representation so we can maximise your chances of success with the Minister.

Please review the information on the appeals process on our webpage, then contact us to arrange an initial consultation so we can explain the process moving forward.

Enquiry Form

If you would like to proceed with our firm or require further information, simply complete our enquiry form below or email or phone us.

Full Name
Phone Number
Visa Category

We make it easy for you

You can either search by a keyword (e.g. Tourist Visa)
or search by a visa subclass (e.g. 500)