This temporary visa allows you to visit, study, stay, and work in Australia if you are a New Zealand citizen and meet the eligibility criteria. It is usually applied each time you enter Australia.
This visa grants you the following privileges:
- You can enter and stay in Australia for as long as you are and continue to remain a New Zealand citizen.
- You can visit, work and study in Australia.
- If eligible, you can apply for a permanent visa.
You usually apply for this visa when you enter Australia.
In some cases, you may be able to apply for this visa after you have entered Australia. This might be the case if you:
- became a New Zealand citizen and passport holder after you entered Australia
- entered on a passport that is not a New Zealand passport
- entered on another temporary visa
- had a New Zealand citizen baby born in Australia.