With this visa you can move to Australia if you face substantial discrimination or human rights abuses, have a proposer, and stay in Australia permanently with your immediate family.
This visa grants you the following privileges:
- To stay in Australia indefinitely.
- To work and study in Australia.
- To enrol in Medicare, Australia’s public healthcare scheme.
- To propose family members for permanent residence.
- To travel to and from Australia for 5 years.
- To apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible.
- To attend free English language classes through the Adult Migrant English Program.
You must be outside Australia and outside your country of origin when you apply for this visa.