This visa is for people who arrived in Australia without a visa, and want to seek asylum. It lets you stay in Australia temporarily if you engage Australia’s protection obligations and meet all other requirements for the grant of the visa.
This visa grants you the following privileges:
- You can live, work, and study in Australia temporarily for 3 years.
- Access government services such as Jobactive, Medicare, and Centrelink services.
- Access short-term counselling for torture and trauma as needed.
- Attend English language classes for free if you are eligible.
- Travel overseas to countries other than your home country, if you obtain written approval to travel due to compassionate or compelling circumstances.
You and any members of your same family unit included in your application must be in Australia when you apply for this visa.