You must comply with your visa conditions while studying and living in Australia or your visa could be cancelled. You must also comply with Australian laws.
- In addition to ensuring that you comply with your visa conditions, there are also requirements under the Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) National Code that apply if you want to change your education provider.
- If you are under 18 years of age you must maintain adequate accommodation, support and general welfare arrangements for the duration of your visa or until you turn 18.
- Some visas are issued with a 'no further stay' condition. This condition means that you cannot apply to stay in Australia beyond the date specified on your visa, except in certain circumstances.
- You must tell the authorities if your circumstances change. This includes a new residential address, a new passport, or a pregnancy, birth, divorce, separation, marriage, de facto relationship or death in your family.
Your dependent family members must maintain their visa conditions. A breach of these conditions may result in your visa being cancelled and you may have to leave Australia.
Your family members must:
- remain a member of your family for the duration of their stay in Australia
- have adequate financial support
- maintain adequate health cover
- work no more than 40 hours per fortnight and can only start work after you have commenced your course
- attend school if they are of school age.
Important: It is your responsibility to ensure that your family members meet the above conditions.