This visa is for recent engineering graduates. The visa is valid for 18 months and allows such graduates to work and/or study in Australia, usually in view of accumulating sufficient work experience or educational qualifications for them to subsequently apply for a Skilled Migrant Visa.
To be eligible for this visa, you must:
1. be under 31 when you lodge your application;
2. achieve a score of 6.0 on the IELTS test, with a band score of no less than 5.0 on each of the four individual components of the test (or an equivalent score on another suitable English language test) – an exception to this criteria applies to passport holders of the UK, Canada, New Zealand, the USA and Ireland;
3. have completed your engineering qualification within two years of lodging your application. The qualification must be a Bachelor’s degree or higher in the Engineering field and must have been completed at a “recognised institution” (we will advise you whether your educational institution is recognized by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection);
4. have not held this visa or a Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) in the past (unless you were a relative of a holder of one of these visas);
5. meet health and character requirements; and
6. provide evidence that you and anyone included in your application have arranged health insurance in Australia.
Where the visa can be lodged
You may be inside or outside Australia when you apply for this visa however you must be outside of Australia when the visa is decided in most circumstances.
Our experienced immigration lawyers will ensure your application is given the best prospects of success.
We offer all our prospective clients an initial meeting, during which we will thoroughly explain the law surrounding this visa to you and inform you of the process moving forward.
To organize a initial consultation with us, please contact one of our experienced immigration lawyers on (02) 9590 3987.