This visa is primarily for people who want to travel to Australia to do short-term, highly specialized, non-ongoing work. The visa is generally valid for three months but can be granted for up to six months if supported by a strong business case.
To be granted this visa, you must show that:
1. the work or activity you want to do is short term and non-ongoing;
2. you need to be in Australia to do the work or activity;
3. you have personal attributes or an employment background relevant to the work or activity;
4. you have enough money to support yourself and your accompanying family members while you are in Australia;
5. where applicable, you have the support of the organisation for which you will be working or which invited you to Australia;
6. your work or activity will not have an adverse impact on the employment, training opportunities or conditions of employment in Australia; and
7. you meet health and character requirements.
Highly Specialized Work
Highly specialised work is usually work that either:
1. is done by people with an occupation listed in Major Groups 1, 2 or 3 of the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations; or
2. includes skills and knowledge specific to an international company, such as installing imported equipment, after-sales service or emergency repairs.
Where the visa can be lodged and granted
You must be outside of Australia to lodge this visa and must also be outside of Australia for the visa to be granted.
Our experienced immigration lawyers have handled many applications for this visa. We will ensure your application is given the best prospects of success.
We offer all our prospective clients an initial meeting, during which we will thoroughly explain the law surrounding this visa to you and inform you of the process moving forward.
To organize a initial consultation with us, please contact one of our experienced immigration lawyers on (02) 9590 3987.